Children of Christ Preschool offers classes for 3–5-year-old students based on annual enrollment. Our smaller class sizes allow us the opportunity to focus on the specific needs of each child, so when Kindergarten arrives, they are well-prepared for the next chapter in their lives. Our Christ centered classroom environment lets your child know they are loved for exactly who they are, and that every child was given a purpose by God.
At Children of Christ Preschool your child will:
- experience literature, pre-writing and pre-reading skills, as well as pre-math skills.
- participate in small group activities that will help to enhance social interactions, friendships and relationships with teachers and peers.
- experience quiet and active play, both indoor and outdoor.
- participate in teacher-directed and child-initiated activities.
- experience snack time that develops independence by allowing children to be involved in table setting, passing, serving and pouring for themselves.
- broaden their world through field trips.
Children of Christ Preschool follows the same academic calendar as Southeast Polk School District.
The following enrollment policies and procedures have been established to afford your child the maximum protection and to comply with state licensing standards:
- It is recommended that a child be four years old by September 15 and you plan to send them to kindergarten the following fall to attend the 4-day/week sessions. It is also recommended that a child be at least three years old by September 15 and toilet trained to attend the 2-day/week sessions.
- The enrollment form is to be filled out as completely as possible and returned to Children of Christ Preschool along with the enrollment fee. This fee is not refundable unless we are unable to provide an opening for your child. Checks should be made payable to Christ the King Lutheran Church.
- Each child is required to have a medical examination and provide Children of Christ Preschool with a report prior to the first day of school. This form must be completed and signed by a doctor. The physical exam must have been completed within the past 12 months. Student admittance into preschool is contingent upon completion of this form by the doctor and receipt of this form by the director, per Iowa state law.
- Each child must meet the state immunization requirements. The “immunization certificate” must be completed, signed by a health official, and returned to Children of Christ Preschool prior to the first day of school. Student admittance into preschool is contingent upon completion of this form by the parent/health care provider and receipt of this form by the director.
- Both parents must sign a “consent of medical care” form for use in emergencies.
If you have any further questions about our preschool, would like further information or an enrollment packet, please contact our church at 515-967-3349.